MB_dynamicaUI extends the default feature set of the Dynamica (Bullet Physics) plugin for Autodesk® Maya® with tools designed for pre-shatter (voronoi etc) rigid body workflows. These tools are exposed in version 0.9.6 as additional tabs - Build, Constrain, Activate, Bake, and polyCutter:
- Build: Create active or passive rigid bodies of the Hull or Mesh type from an arbitrary number of source meshes - with a user specified collision margin. Pre-keyed objects are supported.
- Constrain: Automatically generate constraints between rigidbodies. Four connect methods are supported: Nearest Neighbor, Farthest Neighbor, Random, and Axis Gradient
- Activate: Create complex rigid body activation effects using Axis Gradients, Radial Gradients, and 3D Textures.
- Bake: Store simulations as clean optimized keyframe sequences for the next phase of production.
- PolyCutter: slice polygon meshes with NURBS surfaces
Notes and a mini-tutorial are included in the download.
Coming Soon! Advanced MB_dynamicaUI workflows. Sneak peak at what Dynamica can do: